Landscape workshop in old Safed – water colors
October 19-20, 2016
$ ($ deposit)
Painting class in the narrow streets old Safed.
The workshop includes demonstrations and teachings of drawings, composition and paint application. Suitable both for beginners and advanced.
List of Materials:
- Paintbrushes: natural sable, round – nos. 6,8,10.
- Paintbrush: flat, 1” or more, wide natural sable or synthetic.
- Paintbrush: liner (RIGGER) – no. 0.
- Pencils: 2B, HB.
- Eraser for pencil, and knife for sharpening pencils.
- Paper for watercolors, in sheets or block. Preferably 300gr, at least quarter sheets (35×25 cm).
- Paper masking tape – not transparent!
- Watercolors: special boxes with square or oblong pans that can be interchanged, from the following companies: DALER ROWNEY, WHITE NIGHT, WINSOR & NEWTON.
- Not watercolors in round pans!!!
- Watercolors in tubes, high quality. From the companies listed above: they are the professionals.
- Natural sponge, roll of Viva paper (paper towel roll).
- Water bowl – preferably two. Can be a square plastic dish!
- Masking fluid – and a small paintbrush, not in the best of states, for use with the fluid.
- A used toothbrush.
Waterpaint in Tubes:
- Cadmium Lemon, Cadmium Yellow Pale, Yellow Ocher
- Cadmium Red, Alizarin Crimson, Permanent Rose
- Cerulean Blue, Prussian blue, Ultramarine Blue
- Viridian Green, Sap Green
- Raw Umber, Burnt Umber
- Payne’s Gray, Ivory Black